Semarang, Indonesia, 25 - 26 November 2019
International Conference on Ship and Offshore Technology and more popularly known as ICSOT is a biannual conference and jointly organized by Indonesian universities and the Royal Institute of Naval Architects (RINA). The Conference was initiated at ITS in 2010 as part of 50 years anniversary of ITS and higher education in naval architecture in Indonesia, 100 years of PT DPS the oldest shipyard in Indonesia and 150 years of RINA. The second Conference was conducted at Pattimura University (Ambon) in 2012, the third Conference was held at Hasanuddin University (Makassar) in 2014, and the fourth Conference was held at Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) in 2015 as special conference in commemoration to the 10 years anniversary of RINA Indonesia. The fifth Conference was held at Universitas Indonesia (UI) Depok. So far during the three conferences, delegates and participants come from UK, Sweden, Norway, Holland, Belgium, Turkey, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia.
The next and sixth Conference will be held at Diponegoro University (UNDIP) Semarang – Central Java on 25 – 26 November 2019. Similar to the previous conferences, the main objective of this year’s conference is to give opportunities to members of the international maritime industry to present and discuss the latest developments in marine research and technologies which could provide improvements and solution to the problems and challenges related to shipbuilding and offshore applications.
The conferences theme is “Developments Marine Design, Construction and Operation”. Although the theme is limited to Developments Marine Design, Construction and Operation , but the theme can be related and developed to other aspects such as hydrodynamics, marine safety, environment, material, construction aspects, maritime logistics, fishing vessel, etc.
Purposes and Benefits
The purpose of the conference is to invite researchers and engineers from many countries and discuss their progress of work. Thus, it is expected to increase the number of research collaboration both in national and international levels by exchanging information about research activities and progress conducted by all delegates and participants from various institutions at home and abroad.
The benefit of the event is to promote the work of delegates/presenters and as a media to exchange information on current research activities, in particular, in the field of ship design and construction. Thus, it is expected that the research activities can be increased quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Prof. Mulyo Widodo Kartidjo (Bandung Institute of Technology)
- Prof. Hirotada Hasimoto (Kobe University – Japan)
Conference Date and Venue
The conference date and venue will take place on:
Date : 25 - 26 November 2019
Venue : LPPM lt. 5, Diponegoro University (UNDIP) Campus, Semarang – Central Java
IDR 2,500,000,-( regular)
IDR 2,000,000,- (Collage Student)
Bank Mandiri – 1360014851619
pp. Deddy Chrisminato Tenik Perkapalan
Organizing committee consists of International Steering Committee (ISC) and Local Organizing Committee (LOC).
International Steering Committee (ISC)
- Chair : Dr. Eng. Deddy Chrismianto, ST, MT (Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
- Co-chair : Mr. Trevor Blakeley (RINA Chief Executive)
- Members :
- Prof. Richard Birmingham (Newcastle University)
- Prof. Atilla Incecik (University of Strathclyde)
- Prof. Jeom-Kee Paik (Pusan National University)
- Prof. R A Shenoi (University of Southampton)
- Prof. Nicholas Hutchins (University of Melbourne)
- Prof. Takeshi Shinoda (Kyushu University, Japan)
- Prof. Ru-Min Chao (National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan)
- Prof. Adi Maimun bin Abdul Malik (Universiti Teknologi Malaysia)
- Prof. Yanuar (UI)
- Prof I Ketut Aria Pria Utama (ITS)
- Dr. Eng. Ahmad Fauzan Zakki, ST, MT (Diponegoro University, Indonesia)
- Dr. Daeng Paroka (University of Hasanuddin)
- Dr. Marcus Tukan (University of Pattimura)
Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Chair : Dr. Eng Hartono Yudo, ST, MT
- Secretary : Berlian Arswendo A. ST. MT.
- Treasurer : Good Rindo, ST, MT
- Abstract submission deadline: October 16, 2019
- In addition to abstracts, full papers can be submitted for review before October 30 2019:
- Notification of abstract acceptance : October 20, 2019
- Full paper submission deadline : October 30, 2019
- Notification of full paper acceptance : November 14, 2019
- Payment deadline : November 20, 2019
Click to download:
(+62) 815 7587 5841 – Dr Eng. Deddy Chrisminato, ST, MT
(+62) 813 2500 1801 – Berlian Arswendo A, ST, MT